In our last post, we looked at Prozac withdrawal and Klonopin withdrawal symptoms I’ve been experiencing: insomnia, night sweats, migraine headaches, and the music in my head. Today the list of symptoms continues…
Other bizarre- o symptoms I’ve had over the past few months are:
- Incessantly ruminating thoughts. The Itty Bitty Shi@@y Committee in my head has been going at warp speed
- My Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis has flared up hugely at least twice, leaving my back, neck and right toe very achy. More on the thyroid and anxiety here.
- I’ve also had scary chest pain/ pressure that made me think I was having a heart attack. ps I wasn’t, it gets better with exercise.
- SSRI mania. Thus the fueling of the Itty Bitty Shi@@y Committee
- 4 months of muscle spasms, particularly in my neck and shoulders.
- Weight gain. I can’t stop eating, and I’m starting to pack on a few pounds in the rear. So not good :- (
- Plus 4 reflexes- I literally bounce off walls. This is called hyperreflexia.
The Worst Symptom
My anger has been spinning out of control for almost 2 weeks. It’s starting to get better thank God. Actually I’m guessing my husband is thanking God because he’s been my virtual punching bag. About 5 days ago we were in Walmart and he came to the cart bearing one of those huge boxes of cupcakes complete with neon orange frosting. (when his ass is on the line, he wisely knows to appeal to my sweet tooth.)
“Put those #$%@ cupcakes back!!” bellowed the rumbling volcanic directive straight from the bowels of hell and out of my mouth. Everyone in the bake shop turned around to stare at the crazy lady yelling at her poor husband.. Although I probably didn’t literally have steam coming out of my ears, I did have spit coming out of my mouth, and that does not paint a pretty picture.
I have made amends to him several times since the Walmart incident and he forgives me. I forgive him for picking neon orange frosting when I obviously wanted blue (Kidding!) I do still have some anger in me which is probably I’ve been swearing so much lately.
(We now have a ‘secret word’ that he will say if he feels my anger is getting out of hand: kitchen.)
I am coping with anxiety and the withdrawal symptoms one day at a time
I don’t know if all of these symptoms are in the PDR, but they are real and this is my life.
I am my best advocate, and I know my body better than any textbook or doctor ever will. Therefore I must listen to my instincts: I know to the depths of my soul I’m having all these strange symptoms and rebound anxiety from the Klonopin and Prozac withdrawal and that eventually it will get better.
Yesterday I spoke with my doctor about rehab and he said he did not recommend it. In my next post we’ll see why I now completely agree with him.
Have you experienced withdrawal from an anti-anxiety medication? What were your symptoms like? Please share so we can all benefit.
I wish you peace,
ps. last night when we were walking our dog Buddy around the block, Bob said ‘kitchen’ 2 times. Don’t laugh, it made me stop picking on him 😉
Resource for you: PDR online – very nifty
photo credit: :mrMark: