It’s been quite awhile since we had a Thankful Thursday here at PanicFreeMe… so let’s do it!
Actively practicing gratitude is such a wonderful anxiety self help tool- it can help you get a new fresh outlook on your situation and really pick you up.
If you need a boost today, please take a few minutes and get into a state of gratitude. Get out a pad and pen and make a list of all the things you have to be grateful for today. It will be the most constructive 5 minutes of your day, I promise! (And feel free to share your list below in the comments!)
Here are some things that I am Very Thankful for today:
1. I’ve been at my job for one year!
I remember last spring and summer feeling so fearful and anxious about money because I couldn’t find a decent job. I was substitute teaching part time and the pay was horrible. I wanted to get back into a hospital so badly and applied for lot of local jobs. Well, I finally got a call and now it’s a year later.
It’s been a great and challenging learning experience- learning how to get back out there and be a good nurse and co-worker. I am assimilating pretty well now, and really starting to feel less like an outsider. I still have anxious moments from time to time, but all and all it is wonderful.
And my paycheck really helps too! So very grateful.
2. I am so thankful for the wake-up call the other day when I got the very troubling news about the mass in my father’s bladder. I was really thrown for a loop, but somehow I was lead to my 11 Forgotten Laws CDs (which I haven’t listened to since 2009!). I have been listening to them every time I am at the computer and every time I get in the car since Monday.
The healing and contentment I feel from listening to and trying to live according to the Law of Attraction and other Universal Laws of life is incredibly uplifting and inspiring. I feel like I am drunk on happiness. I know I am in a good place mentally to bless and send healing energy to my father.
I know God won’t give me more than I can handle.
I know that with God all things are possible.
I also know that whatever the tests reveal over the next few weeks, I will be able to deal with it. I am asking, receiving, and believing that all will be well. And I know it will. Thank you Lord!
3. This good healing energy has spilled over and is helping me in every way- including with my anxiety!
My attitude is very positive at work- I am focused and enthusiastic. I have also been getting along really well with my husband lately.
I don’t feel bogged down or in knots with anxiety and it is such a blessing and such a relief.
I feel that I have transcended the minutiae of daily life that usually bogs me down and keeps me on edge. I feel I am connecting with a Universal Good that is all loving, healing and knowing. How can I be afraid? Thank you Lord for this beautiful reminder that I can choose to live this way every day, not just when the going gets tough.
Do I sound like I’m nuts? That’s ok, I feel fantastic!
4. I am grateful in knowing that other people that suffer from panic attacks and anxiety are learning to reach out and practice anxiety self help methods. I am grateful that others are finding their peace and their way after suffering and pain. I know that others are also feeling blessed relief, and that it is possible for everyone.
5. I am thankful that I can give suggestions and share my experiences here with anxiety sufferers. I am very grateful that I harnessed my energy to write my report about overcoming panic attacks. I trust that it will reach someone who needs to hear its message of healing.
6. I am thankful for all my experiences and all that I have learned. I am thankful for this journey called life. It may not be what I had in mind, but it is turning out to be such a wonderful adventure. I do love my life in this moment. And I am so grateful that I have this blog to share with you my dear readers.
I hope this latest Thankful Thursday has inspired you to think about things to be grateful for in your life.
Thank you for sharing a part of your day with me.
I wish you peace,