I have come to believe that recovery from panic attacks, GAD, social anxiety disorder and the like is a personal choice. It takes courage and determination because in order to recover, we have to face our fears.
In this spirit of determination, and also because I am in the trenches with you (choosing life-affirming, wonderful anxiety recovery instead of living in hopelessness and despair), I’ve compiled an assortment of famous quotes on fear.
Here are 23 Famous Quotes on Fear:
1. Do the thing we fear, and the death of fear is certain. Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. Nothing happens to any man that he is not formed by nature to bear. Marcus Aurelius
3. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
4. It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live. Marcus Aurelius
5. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Franklin D. Roosevelt
6. The key to change… is to let go of fear. Rosanne Cash
7. You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. Dale Carnegie
8. How much time he saves who does not look to see what his neighbor says or does or thinks. Marcus Aurelius
9. He who fears something gives it power over him. Moorish proverb
10. FEAR is an acronym in for “False Evidence Appearing Real” 12 Step Programs
11. Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends. Shirley MacLaine
12. Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom Marilyn Ferguson
13. There are four ways you can handle fear. You can go over it, under it, or around it. But if you are ever to put fear behind you, you must walk straight through it. Once you put fear behind you, leave it there. Donna A. Favors
14. Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it… that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear. Dale Carnegie
15. What you resist persists. Unknown
16. Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish. Marcus Aurelius
17. No man is free who is not master of himself. Epictetus
18. Your life is what your thoughts make it. Marcus Aurelius
19. People are not disturbed by things, but by the view they take of them. Epictetus
20. All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. Buddha
21. Panic is a sudden desertion of us, and a going over to the enemy of our imagination. Christian Nestell Bovee
22. If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believeth. Mark 9:23
23. Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing. Unknown
I hope these famous quotes bring you some comfort today.
I wish you peace,
How have I managed to come so far when I was anxious for so long? Simple, I use Panic Away. I invite you to try this powerful method to put yourself in control of your fear- works like a charm.